| Services >> Bespoke Software >> Radio Diary Processing |
Arbitron Inc., the international media and marketing research firm, is the market leader in generation of US radio station ratings. Over one and a half million handwritten diaries are processed annually by a computerised, database centric, workflow system.
Pegasus designed, developed and delivered the reengineering project for diary processing.
Diary Processing System is written in C++, pro*C and PL/SQL under Windows with Oracle as the backend rdbms. The system developed by Pegasus replaced legacy systems of Arbitron for radio diary processing.
- Arbitron Radio Ratings is of vital importance to leading US radio stations, advertisers, media buying services and others vendors to the radio industry.
- The radio audience information covers over 260 metropolitan markets in the US.
- Designed as a workflow system for all business stages of diary processing.
- System uses optical character recognition (OCR) techniques for extraction of listening data from handwritten diaries.
- Interactive, image based, human aided validation of OCR extracted listening data.
- Automates credit ratings and applies business rules for validation.
- Workflow includes quality analysis and generates data for other systems for Radio Market Report generation.