| Services >> Custom GIS >> DRB |
A multi-institutional project coordinated by Central Mining Research Institute, Dhanbad, and sponsored by
Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt. of India, to study
the carrying capacity of Damodar River Basin with reference to socio-economic parameters and environmental parameters: land, water, air and noise.
In collaboration with scientists from CMRI, Dhanbad, and NEERI, Nagpur, Pegasus created a digital geographic database of DRB and applied
GIS analysis and modelling techniques to study its carrying capacity.
Geodatabase creation and GIS modelling/analysis work for the project was done using GIPSY running on Wintel platforms.
Pegasus and CMRI presented this work at Map India,
New Delhi, 1998.
- DRB area: about 23,300 sq kms
- DRB spans across states of Bihar and West Bengal
- Macro geodatabase for entire DRB area
- Micro geodatabase for coal mining areas of DRB
- Maps from multiple agencies: SOI, AISLUS, GSI, etc.
- Image analysis of IRS and LANDSAT
- Attribute data from census and other special surveys
- Study used several GIS Modeling/Analysis techniques