| Products >> Palmtop GIS |
MAPSY is a GIS product, running on mobile computing platforms or palmtops, for mobile mapping and field based geographic data processing applications.
Interfaced to a GPS receiver MAPSY offers a hand-held, mobile computing platform
to field workers for geographic data creation,
land surveys, resource mapping, assets management, navigation and vehicle tracking.
MAPSY is available under Linux on the Indian PDA, Simputer and
the mobile desktop MOBILIS.
- Vector and raster data; multi-layers
- Multiple earth projections
- Georeferenced rasters, dynamic map mosaicing
- File based storage of attribute data
- Hide, show and rotate layers on screen
- Spatial and attribute data editing
- Geographic data queries
- Easy-to-use, intuitive GUI
- Supports NMEA 0183 compatible GPS
- Real-time display of GPS data
- Automatic geo-coding of GPS data on map
- Datum conversion: WGS84 to map data ellipsoid
- Track your position and path taken
- Create or update maps on field using GPS data: line, point and attribute data
- Auto-map creation: make your map on the field
- Easy back-office data transfer to GIPSY